Need a Speaker?
Book me for your next event!
Bofta Yimam is a dynamic motivational speaker who mixes high energy storytelling and strong content to move your audience into action. As a journalist and television personality, she understands the importance of catering the MESSAGE to your particular group. Using her demonstrative abilities and natural charisma, Yimam effectively engages your audience to help SELF-MOTIVATE them toward their goals.
Speaking Engagements include:
- ASAE: American Society of Association Executives, Great Ideas Conference 2020: Main Stage Speaker (Salt Lake City, Utah)
- Africa Trade & Investment Global Summit Conference (Washington, D.C.)
- Erie Regional Chamber of Commerce Keynote (Erie, PA)
- Virginia Women’s Business Conference (Chantilly, VA)
- University of Pittsburgh Institute of Entrepreneurial Excellence, Corporate Training (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Africa Fintech Summit (Addis Ababa, Ethiopia)
- IMTC World Conference (Miami, FL)
- Global Thinkers Forum Gala (London, England)
- Women in Leadership Conference: Institute For Supply Management (Somerset, New Jersey)
- Elevate NOW Conference (West Palm Beach, Florida)
- Prospanica Annual Conference & Expo (Orlando, Florida)
- Mid-Atlantic Podcasters Conference (Atlantic City, New Jersey)
- Eastern Minority Supplier Development Council Stellar Awards (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Coro Pittsburgh Leadership Awards Gala (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Your Ethiopian Professionals Speaker (Washington, D.C.)
- BL Small Business Expo Emcee (Virginia)
- NAACP Human Rights Dinner & Centennial Celebration (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Women in Film & Television International Summit Panelist
- Vistage Worldwide, Corporate Training
- Ethiopian Community in Seattle Gala Keynote Speaker (Seattle, WA)
- Brand & Build, Workshop Facilitator (Laurel, MD)
- African American Chamber of Commerce, Corporate Training
- BOAT US, Corporate Training
- Oxford University Student Union, London (Virtual Workshop)
- Pittsburgh Business Group on Health, Corporate Training
- Dancing With The Celebrities of Pittsburgh, Performer
“The presentation really challenged and broadened the perspectives of the young people and it was just what they needed to help them take their next steps in social impact and careers. It was spot on the brief and has set a new benchmark for the quality of training and speakers that the SU should bring in for students.”– Hannah Lloyd, Oxford Student Union Coordinator
The New Pittsburgh Courier named Bofta as a ‘Women of Excellence’ honoree.
“This honor recognizes African American women who are leaving lasting marks by making great strides in their professions and positively impacting their communities. These women who were selected from nominations sent in by the newspaper’s readership, have made significant contributions and achievements.”
-New Pittsburgh Courier
Yimam also served as the emcee and National Anthem singer for the Race for Every Women 5K, which helps raise funds for breast cancer awareness among Ethiopian and Eritrean women. Yimam previously served as the guest motivational speaker for Young Ethiopian Professionals and as a celebrity server for the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank.
In 2019, Bofta was selected on the 100 Tropics Changemakers list and a recipient of the CEO Today Magazine Global Award.
“Bofta is talented, conscious and smart. Her capacities as an emcee and journalist are bar none. She is dedicated to the integrity of every story and event in which she is involved and she always delivers class and sophistication.”
-Chase Patterson, Pittsburgh NAACP
“It was wonderful working with a dedicated professional like Bofta. She was so well prepared, and proactive about gathering agenda items- finding out who the VIPs were and important announcements. She kept the mood high, stayed on message, and brought a level of enthusiasm that truly helped us raise a record amount of funds! If we could have her every year we would!”
-Veronica Musie, President of the Alpha Breast Cancer Society Services
“Bofta Yimam’s confidence, clarity of thought and ability to communicate ideas effectively are conveyed in her strong public speaking skills. She possesses professional
-Tory N. Parrish, President of the Pittsburgh Black Media Federation
“I have attended several events where Bofta Yimam served as the mistress of ceremonies. She is a great speaker; she is professional, knows how to flow from one topic to another and has such a presence. She has a true talent.”
-Ashley Johnson, Young, Gifted & Black Awards Program
Bofta Yimam is such a dynamic and engaging speaker. Your Ethiopian Professionals (YEP) was happy to have her as a guest speaker at one of our events in Washington, D.C. Her speech resonated with our audience of diverse professionals. She has a great ability to connect and inspire her audience. In her lively session, Bofta gave the audience clear tips and actionable suggestions.
-Your Ethiopian Professionals, Washington D.C.
Right-click on images below and “save link as” or “save image as” to download